From the President
It’s a privilege and honor to serve as the sixth president of the South Asian American Vascular Surgery (SAAVS). I am proud to say that prior leaders of this society contributed significantly in laying the foundations of our society. With contributions from our membership, we have a stable membership, are financially sound and well-positioned to expand.
SAAVS serves as a platform for vascular surgeons of Southeast Asian descent to come together and share our experiences and lay the foundation of a promising future. It is our mission to collaborate with our counterparts in South Asia in ways that are mutually beneficial.
I will provide quarterly updates on our progress and will reach out to many of you for assistance and advice as the year progresses.
Thank you again for allowing me to serve in this position.
- Be able to support Vascular Surgery in our countries of origin
- Share business knowledge and experience with members related to vendors, office practices and opening centers for access/veins etc.
- Mentor younger surgeons and medical students
- Assistance with new techniques and endovascular training
- Guidance for job placement, contracts and privileging issues
- Network of friends and colleagues all over the world
- Greater role in national societies
- Take advantage of the network for assistance in locating/obtaining training positions for family members
The Founding Members of the SAAVS are:
- Suresh Alankar MD
- Sateesh Babu MD
- Mohan Das MD
- Kapil Gopal MD
- Sachinder Hans MD
- Shahid Haque MD
- Ani Hingorani MD
- Krishna Jain MD
- Zafar Jamil MD
- Karthikeshwar Kasirajan MD
- Brajesh Lal MD
- Rajesh Malik MD
- Chittur Mohan MD
- Ragu Motaganahalli MD
- Manikyam Mutyalal MD
- Deepak Nair MD
- Lakshikumar Pillai MD
- Hiranya Rajasinghe MD
- Bhagwan Satiani MD